Tuesday 1 July 2014

Woes of a Student

Today was a day filled with laziness, even though it was a Monday, I had a million things to take care of, I was so driven with sleep that when I was finally up and ready sun was already running down. I grabbed my keys and I was on my way out to catch my friends before the sun rests. Half through the parking my mother called and said that a cousin is visiting us you need to stay. I usually don’t like them very much but this particular brother was an IITian pursuing Mechanical Engineering and also a great friend of my sister, well how could I disappoint her. Within the hour he came by after the usual Indian round of greetings and welcomes we sat and started the round of gossiping we came by the topic of education(so predictable!). We discussed about his time of counseling, counseling this time and the huge world opportunities. So I thought let’s make life of a student simpler.

Deciding What to Choose?

A very common answer to this is Play to Your Strength or Follow your heart! I advise you to read in brief about each and every branch of your particular stream. Everything means everything all subjects, future scopes, growth rate don’t think just read everything you can lay your hand on. Now choose a stream you think you like or you intend to take and imagine your life 5 years after graduation based on the information and interviews you read. If true to yourself you will find a scenario that suits you perfectly!

Which College?

With so many privates and government colleges it’s hard to make a decision these days. Talking about a moderate college what it must have is a self examination system i.e. it should conduct exams on its own and also the checking should be done within the college/university. A college lacking this feature drags on like an eternity and you spend half your life waiting for announcements (Speaking with Personal experience).

During College Counseling

Every college today tries to rope you in a lower class course showing off a lot advantages but don’t be hoodwinked wait till the last round before being many a times hope and luck works out. Also don’t forget all your original documents remain with you until the day of commencement of classes, if change of heart. colleges are entitled to full payback of fees before 10 day of commencement.

This is a crucial stage of our life, I went through the same two times so I know how this exactly feels to an average teenager fresh out of school(Not some hot shot aspirant bragging about his college), A good college is necessary but IIT’s aren’t the only one amongst them. You can always have masters of some kind. So don’t be afraid if things go wrong because this isn’t the end of life it is a new beginning of a better one!
Always There to Help,
Rahul

No comments:

Post a Comment