Sunday 31 August 2014

A Dusk & a Dawn!

Tonight's the night, after a long time when I finally let my heart unbridled. A month brimming with experiences and teachings. Leaving your hometown where you were born and cherished for all your life is not an easy task. All the preliminaries of your college life seems to take away your last moments with your first love. I share this all because this is how I felt when I bade good-bye to my city & in skedalling, the last moments of 18 years of my life slipped away like sand in an open palm. Even though I knew I was heading to a new dawn, I couldn’t help but feel a little blue for what I left behind.
Finally after a long, uneventful but comfortable journey we reached Manipal. We (my family & me) were tired but still mustered enough energy to appreciate the fact that even in dark this place looked like a work of art by maestro NATURE! A good night’s sleep is a bliss, we woke up to a lazy day, did nothing but rest. But in the next few days after getting my admission done we explored the pulchritude of the glorious Konkan coast
C:\Users\MAHE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.Word\IMAG0277.jpg
And so in a matter of days I became a manipal’ite and my life had a fresh start. My family was back to my home and I though still a little gloomy started my first day at Manipal Institute of Technology.
Acquainting with this place made me realize it is a palace of doers. All you need is a zeal, a will, a force to do things and you can employ all resources this place has to offer. On a wilder note this place also happens to be a party hot spot, so not only you can test your strengths but also let your hair down carouse at this student packed hill-top.
When it comes down to friends I set up the bar rather higher than usual courtesy to my comrades in arms (it does sound creepy!). But people here in Manipal are rather interesting and warm. I know we being as freshmen are intimidated easily, giving everyone a shot is a necessity because “when you are away from the comfort of your space, braving the rigours of everyday life it is people beside you standing as your friends who can offer you solace.” On that mighty note dousing my post I bid you a good night!

Regards,
Rahul

No comments:

Post a Comment